Overview: Exchange Online Kiosk is single Exchange mailbox, with email, calendar, contacts and tasks. The low price point of the subscription makes this the most economical way of obtaining a Microsoft Exchange mailbox license.
ActiveSync - fully licensed for adding to iPhone and Android using Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync
- Will sync email, contacts and calendar to iPhone/Android phone
- Mobile device security: can perform remote wipe on stolen/lost devices
- Azure AD - user can authenticate on Windows 10 using Azure Active Directory, along with all other users
- Exchange Online (http://portal.office.com) - send/receive email
- Desktop email clients: supports any existing email client (Outlook, Thunderbird, Windows Mail, Apple Mail) via POP3/SMTP
- Download email via POP3 (using SSL, port 995)
- Send email SMTP (using TLS, port 587)
- Can be used by devices such as printers, CCTV, legacy hardware, or automated email systems
- Full security and reliability of Microsoft Exchange Online, including organization retention policies, anti-spam and message trace
- Multiple email aliases
- Forwarding (to internal or external email address)
- 10,000 recipients per day
- 30 messages per minute
- 2GB total mailbox size
- It is recommended to regularly download email via POP3 to prevent risk of bounces if the 2GB mailbox becomes full
- IMAP is disabled for this type of account
- Not a substitute for large-scale bulk email messaging
POP3/SMTP Setup guide for Outlook client
Add the account as type "Manual"
- Username: [enter the email address]
- Incoming (POP3) server: outlook.office365.com
- Outgoing (SMTP) server: smtp.office365.com
Click More Settings...
More settings: on the Outgoing Server tab select "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication"
One the Advanced tab enter 995 for the "Incoming server (POP3)", and select "This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)"
Enter 587 for the "Outgoing server (SMTP)" and select "TLS" for the encryption type.
If you need to send email from legacy systems that do not support SSL/TLS please create a support ticket and request that a firewall rule for SMTP relay be created for your legacy system.