Overview: when you move your line and/or broadband services to us you may need to inform your existing provider (called the "losing CP") so that they don't hinder or block the process. For example, some providers will attempt to reject the order claiming that "the user does not want to move". We recommend a simple email to make your intentions clear, and provide a simple template that conforms to OfCom guidelines for the switching process known as "one-stop switching".

Feel free to Copy & Paste the following email to your existing provider. There is no requirement to tell them who you are moving to, or why.

Businesses: this process DOES apply to SME businesses with 10 or fewer employees; see https://www.ofcom.org.uk/advice-for-businesses/switching/switching-broadband 


Subject: Switching to a new provider

Dear Sirs,

Although I am not obliged to provide you with any notification, I am switching my [### DELETE AS APPROPRIATE ### telephone | broadband | telephone & broadband] service(s) away from you using the "one-stop switching process" outlined by OfCom at: https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/costs-and-billing/switching/switching-broadband-provider and https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/costs-and-billing/switching/switching-landline

The date of the switch is to be ### INSERT DATE ###. If you do not receive a clear written revocation from me during my 14 day cooling off period then please do not prevent this switch.

For clarity, I do not authorize termination of my service with you until the switch takes place, and I do not authorize any future payments for services beyond the switch over date. 

As per the OfCom regulations, if you were to prevent me from porting my number (and/or services) - even if you claim that some payment remains outstanding - then I would be obliged to (1) make a formal complaint to OfCom (https://ofcomforms.secure.force.com/formentry/SitesFormCCTMonitoring) and I would also (2) avail myself of the compulsory compensation outlined at https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/how-to-report-a-complaint/changing-provider:

"Compensation: Phone companies must provide compensation if they block or delay you from porting your number when switching." (When OfCom enforce compulsory compensation for blocking a number port it can often far outweigh the amounts that the losing provider claims may be outstanding.)

Feel free to contact me via email or letter, but I prefer not to be contacted by telephone please. 

My telephone number with broadband service: ### INSERT YOUR NUMBER HERE ###


My email address: ### INSERT YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS ###

I take this opportunity to thank you for receiving my instructions in the good faith with which I send them.